Well, the best way to make use of bad news is by doing something good with it. Now that I’m done for this season, it’s time to use my old gear for a new cause. Below you’ll see some of the items I will have up for my seasonal charity auction in the coming days, with ALL the proceeds going to good causes.
Which charity, you ask? Well, that depends. I’m going to pick a few of my favorites, like Autism Speaks and so on, but you can suggest others in the comments box below. If there is a clear-cut winner, I’ll gladly make a donation to it out of the proceeds we generate per your request.
A lot, or a little, it doesn’t matter how much we raise— the point is, it’s the right thing to do, and sure beats stuffing it away into a tupperware bin for the next 30 years.
Every won item will include a signed Garfoose Card or two, and a Rays T-shirt (shirts ar XL. Don’t worry, this is America, you’ll grow into it).
1. This season’s “Mr. Garfoose” glove, with a ball to be Garfoosed and signed to the winner.
2. The infamous Star Wars lunchbox, which will have secrets within that only the winning bidder can open.
3. A Tampa Bay Nike Dry Fit T-shirt… yes, I washed it.
4. A Phiten brand necklace, supposedly imbued with mystical energy that keeps Josh Beckett from turning into a werewolf.
5. A Phiten brand, Tamapa Bay bracelet (not pictured).
6. The limited edition, 4th of July Durham Bulls hat. Worn once.
7. Finally, my BLUE WINDBREAKER!!!!!! *ahem. My old Tampa Bay Rays, spring training windbreaker.
I”ll let you know where and when the auction will take place soon, on here and on twitter (most likely Ebay).
Here are the links for the Charity Auction Items.
Garfoose Ball & Cards: